Safely Home (10th Anniversary Edition)
In 2001 Randy Alcorn wrote a novel about the persecuted church in China that changed the face of Christian fiction. Alcorn wove a tale of intrigue and hope as he took readers on a journey from corporate America to the persecuted church in China. Today, the novel challenges readers to consider if they are prepared to suffer and die for their faith, while reminding them of the hope of Heaven and the importance of living with eternal matters in their daily lives.
Is this the day I die?
Quan stiffened at the shout behind him. “You meet in the night like the criminals you are. How dare you defy the law? In three minutes we will shoot every man, woman, and child who does not declare himself loyal to the people rather than the gwelios, foreign devils.
American business executive Ben Fielding has no idea what his brilliant old college roommate is facing in China. But when they’re reunited in China after twenty years, the men are shocked at what they discover about each other.
Thrown together in an hour of encroaching darkness, watched by unseen eyes, both must make choices that will determine not only the destinies of two men, but two families, two nations . . . and two worlds.
Watch Randy Alcorn share more about Safely Home
- 425 pages
- Special anniversary edition: includes interview with the author, letters from readers and book group discussion questions.
- Reader responses
- Endorsements and book reviews
- What inspired you to write Safely Home?
- Writing Safely Home
- Where did you get the ideas for the "chair of honor" and the reverence for the Bible box in Safely Home?
- Was the scene of the demon-possessed Buddhist monk in Safely Home inspired by a true story?
- Since it looks like there won't be a sequel to Safely Home, can you tell me what happens with the characters?
- How did you come up with the idea that Quan (in Safely Home) would teach and write his book in heaven?
- Chinese characters spoken of in Safely Home, with their meanings and evident Genesis connection
- Is there still persecution of Christians in China today?
- World Watch Prayer List from Open Doors
- “Joy to the World,” a play based on Safely Home
- Order a print of Ron DiCianni's painting "Safely Home," featured in Randy Alcorn's novel