The Goodness of God: Assurance of Purpose in the Midst of Suffering
For those times when we’re wounded by broken trust, assaulted by disease, or victimized by evil—or when we’re crushed to see such things happen to people we love—Randy Alcorn offers something solid to hold onto.
In this specially focused condensation of Alcorn’s If God Is Good…: Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil, we’re continually guided into a deeper glimpse of God’s loving ways and higher purposes—the very things we’re often most blinded to whenever we battle pain and anguish.
Alcorn avoids superficial or sentimental responses, and instead presses forward boldly to explore all the troubling doubts and questions that agitate within us when we confront suffering and evil. The issues are far from simple, the answers far from easy—but Alcorn shows how the way of suffering—a path that Jesus himself followed more than anyone else—can ultimately become a journey into wholeness and even logic-defying joy.
- 117 pages
- Reader responses
- Endorsements and book reviews
- What’s the difference between The Goodness of God and If God Is Good?
- Randy sharing about The Goodness of God on The Georgene Rice Show
- Randy Alcorn discussing suffering and evil on FamilyLife Today
- Suffering and evil resources for pastors and group leaders
- Watch: why is there suffering in the world today?